What is Ally?
Ally creates alternative format files that are easy to use by all students. It ensures you have access to your digital learning materials in formats that work for your different devices, learning needs, and preferences.
Ally works within your online BlackBoard course page, so it is available right where you need it. After you logon to your BlackBoard course page, you will find an “A” icon next to course files that your professor has posted. Simply click the icon, and you will see a list of options from which to choose.
What are some alternative formats you may download?
Depending on the type of document, you many find some or all of the options below available:
- An OCRed PDF which is used to improve the text of scanned documents
- A Tagged PDF with improved navigation, especially if you use a screen reader
- An HTML version that will be adjust text for your mobile devices
- An ePub version if you use an eReader or tablet
- An Electronic Braille version if you’re a braille reader
- An audio version for listening to an MP3
- Ally Help Site
- Ally for Students in Blackboard Learn Video