MyApps is an application streaming service that lets you install software on any Seneca PC on demand. Any software application on the MyApps menu can be used on computers in classrooms, labs, and the Computing Commons.
To get started, visit https://myapps.senecacollege.ca/, find the desired software, and click Launch to begin the streaming installation. The software will be usable within a few minutes.
Home Use Instructions
All software on MyApps are available from home and only specific software requires a connection to StudentVPN to access the licensing server. To get this access from your personal laptop at home, please download and install StudentVPN.
- Open your preferred browsers
- Go to https://myapps.senecacollege.ca
- Enter your Seneca user name and password
- If this is your first time using MyApps, you must have AppsAnywhere and Cloudpaging player installed
- Please read and accept the license agreement
- Select the Blue box to start the installation process
Note: In some browsers, you may need to first save the installer to your computer, then open the file you downloaded or it may start the install on the browser
- Once the AppsAnywhere installation is completed, click on the close button and the Cloudpaging Player automatically installs
- Click Done
- Upon completion of the validation process you are now ready to stream the applications you see on the portal.
Their are two pieces of software required for Macs to be able to validate and virtualize available applications on MyApps. The software is “Microsoft Remote Desktop” and “AppsAnywhere” client.
Installing Microsoft Remote Desktop and AppsAnywhere
- Go to your App Store
- Search and “GET” Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Once MS Remote Desktop has been installed, proceed to MyApps - https:\\myapps.senecacollege.ca
- Log in using your Seneca credentials. A window will appear with two choices. Be sure to select the “Left” blue option. This will begin the download process of the AppsAnywhere client software. If this window does not appear you will need to clear your browser cache and start again from step 3.
Setting up Microsoft Remote Desktop: Folder Redirection
In order to share a local drive location which contains your work files you will need to configure your “Folder Redirection”. To complete this please follow these steps.
- Launch “Microsoft Remote Desktop”
- From the top menu, click on “Microsoft Remote Desktop” and select “Preferences”
- At the bottom of the page you will find your “Folder Redirection” which allow you to share one folder location in your session. Please note that this must be setup/configured prior to launching any MyApps application.
- The default setting is set to “Nothing”. Be sure to click on the box and point it to the resource you wish to share during you MyApps session
- To gain access to your redirected folder when using an application in MyApps, go to File Open or File Save As in the application you are using.
- A Window will appear, click on the “Network”.
- A “tsclient” folder will appear. Double click on “tsclient” folder and you will see a mapped resource drive pointing to your redirected folder. For example, if you redirected\shared your Documents folder from your Mac, this mapping will look like \\tsclient\Documents.
- Double clicking on your mapping will gain you access to any files you have on your shared resource.