Frequently Asked Questions
What is VPN?
Virtual Private Network is a secure connection to another network over the Internet. By connecting to Seneca's VPN, you are now part of the Seneca network.
My MacBook is stuck at the Connecting stage to the GlobalProtect, what can I do?
GlobalProtect is aware of the known issue on macOS devices not connecting. You may also see a message indicating "System Extension Blocked". To resolve the connecting issue to GlobalProtect, please follow the steps below:
- Launch System Preferences from your MacBook dock.
- Open the Security & Privacy preferences and select General.
- Click the lock icon on the bottom left of the window to make changes and modify preferences.
- When prompted, enter your Mac username and password, then click Unlock.
- Click Allow next to the message System software from developer Palo Alto Networks was blocked from loading.
- If you are still unable to connect after following these steps, please restart your computer and try to connect again.
If after allowing, you still see the issue, may need to:
- Uninstall the VPN client to remove the kernel extension, and/or
- Reinstall the client again and follow the procedures above
I keep getting authorization failed, when connecting to VPN.
If you can connect successfully to the VPN website for Students or Employees you can connect to the GlobalProtect. Please sign out and sign in again to resolve the GlobalProtect connectivity issue.
- Log out of GlobalProtect
- Click the gear icon
- Click Settings
- Click General
- Select and remove the portal
- Enter the portal name
- If prompted enter your Seneca username and password