Matrix is a cluster of Linux CentOS servers. Students and Faculty can use Matrix to learn working and programming in a Linux environment.
- Send an email to Service Desk to request for an account on Matrix.
- Faculty that use Matrix for their courses can let Service Desk know of their school, program and course code, and we will setup automatic account creation for students enrolled in the course at the beginning of each term.
- To request and create an account use the self-service portal of Matrix.
- Student accounts will remain active as long as the student is active and enrolled in a full-time day program.
- Student accounts for Continuing Education will be active on Matrix for the duration of their course.
- Matrix can be accessed using any SSH/SFTP client such as MobaXterm or WinSCP.
- To use SSH/SFTP to Matrix, users must be connected to VPN.
Each user on Matrix will have a website with the URL as: https://matrix.senecacollege.ca/~username/